Prep 11 mins
Cook 29 mins
Originates fromSouthern Livings Quick and Easy Weeknight Favorites.
- 1 loaf unsliced French bread (16 oz.)
- 226.79 g pork sausage
- 226.79 g ground chuck
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 473.18 ml shredded mozzarella cheese (8oz.)
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 59.14 ml chopped fresh parsley
- 29.58 ml Dijon mustard
- 2.46 ml fennel seed
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 29.58 ml butter or 29.58 ml margarine
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Cut off ends of loaf;set aside.
- Hollow out loaf with a long serrated knife,leaving a 1/2 in.
- Process bread removed from inside loaf in a food processor to make bread crumbs.
- Cook sausage,beef,onion in a large skillet until meat is browned,stirring until it crumbles;Drain.
- Stir in 1 cup breadcrumbs,cheese,and next 6 ingredients.
- Spoon into shell,replace loaf ends,securing with wooden toothpicks.
- Melt butter in saucepan.
- Add garlic;cook 1 min.
- Brush garlic butter over loaf.
- Wrap loaf in foil,leaving top open slightly;place on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 400 for 25 min.
- Cut into 4 pieces.
This is really good. It is great for a quick meal. I like to make it for football parties - I cut it into smaller pieces. I serve it with a side of pizza sauce.