Recipe by hotdish
I got this recipe out of a cookbook and tweaked it a little. This is great for parties and you can serve the filling alone in a crock pot with chips or with toasted french bread slices if you don't want to serve as sandwiches.
- 2 loaves French baguettes or 2 loaves Italian bread
- 1 lb bulk breakfast sausage
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped green onion
- 2 chopped jalapenos
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350.
- Cut very tops off the loaves. Save tops and hollow out the bread,leaving about 1/2 inch border.
- Brown sausage.
- Add bell pepper, green onions and jalpenos. Cook until softened.
- Add cream cheese and let melt.
- Add sour cream and cheddar, stir over low heat until combined.
- Divide mix between the two bread bowls, replace tops.
- Wrap in foil.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until bread is crunchy.
- Let rest for 5 minutes before slicing into individual sandwiches.Serve warm.