I got this recipe out of a cookbook and tweaked it a little. This is great for parties and you can serve the filling alone in a crock pot with chips or with toasted french bread slices if you don't want to serve as sandwiches.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 350.
- 2Cut very tops off the loaves. Save tops and hollow out the bread,leaving about 1/2 inch border.
- 3Brown sausage.
- 4Add bell pepper, green onions and jalpenos. Cook until softened.
- 5Add cream cheese and let melt.
- 6Add sour cream and cheddar, stir over low heat until combined.
- 7Divide mix between the two bread bowls, replace tops.
- 8Wrap in foil.
- 9Bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until bread is crunchy.
- 10Let rest for 5 minutes before slicing into individual sandwiches.Serve warm.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sausage Stuffed French Bread
Serving Size: 1 (216 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 414.3
- Calories from Fat 204
- Total Fat 22.7 g
- Saturated Fat 11.0 g
- Cholesterol 60.8 mg
- Sodium 741.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 16.4 g