Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 12 large cremini mushrooms
- 3⁄4 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 2 ounces chicken sausage, casings removed
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 400f degrees.
- Remove stems from mushrooms and finely chop stems.
- Mix 2 tablespoons bread crumbs and parmesan in small bowl.
- Lightly coat large nonstick frypan with nonstick cooking spray and set over medium heat.
- Cook sausages until they begin to brown, about 5 minutes, breaking up with the side of spoon.
- Stir in onion, red pepper, and mushroom stems, and then cook until veggies are soft, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in remaining bread crumbs and black pepper.
- Remove from heat.
- Mound stuffing in mushrooms and arrange, stuffing side up, in 13 x 9 inch baking dish.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan mixture.
- Bake until heated through, about 9 minutes.