1/1 Photo of Sausage Stuffed Chicken Parmesan
1 hr 10 mins
Vseward (Chef~V)'s Note:
I wanted something different than chicken parmesan, so I added a sausage mixture to kick it up. This turned out to be a great hit in my family. Note to Self... do not use colored toothpicks ;)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 lb ground Italian sausage
- 1 fresh garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons light olive oil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 cup shreddred mozzarella cheese
- 1 (15 ounce) jar marinara sauce
- 1Split chicken breasts and pound with a meat mallet between sheets of plastic wrap. Do not make too thin. to about 1/4-inch thickness.
- 2Break up sausage and mix with Italian seasoning, garlic powder, chili powder and mustard, minced garlic and chopped onion. Shape sausage mixture into 4 link shapes.
- 3Add water and egg to make an egg wash.
- 4Preheat oven to 375°F Drizzle Olive Oil in an oven safe skillet.
- 5Brush one side of each breast with egg wash. Place 1 sausage link on egg glaze. Roll up and secure with toothpick.
- 6Roll each breast in flour; dip in remaining beaten egg; roll in breadcrumbs. Place in oven safe skillet. Bake 45 minutes.
- 7Very Important, remember where your toothpicks are. I place the chicken a certain way in the pan, so I know where they are to remove.
- 8Pour Marinara over chicken, Sprinkle with Cheese add oregano on top and cook another 10-12 minutes until cheese has melted.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sausage Stuffed Chicken Parmesan
Serving Size: 1 (407 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 756.9
- Calories from Fat 324
- Total Fat 36.0 g
- Saturated Fat 11.6 g
- Cholesterol 176.0 mg
- Sodium 2092.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 13.7 g
- Protein 54.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: