a simple and quick way to entertain unexpected guests elegant but simple and quick.
Make and share this Sausage Stuffed Chicken Leg Quarters recipe from Food.com.
- with a filet knife carefully separate bone from the leg quarters.
- be sure to pull the meat away from the bone as you do this and invert the meat like a sock.
- once done flip meat around so it is in its original shape and set aside.
- in a medium bowl remove skin from sausages and add breadcrumbs and egg and knead till combined.
- stuff leg quarters with sausage intil chicken pieces appear as original shape before boning.
- with needle and coking string carefully close thigh end of leg quarters and place in baking sheet.
- spinkle with paprika or sazon for color/to taste.
- cover with foil and bake in 350 Farenheit oven on middle rack for 30- 45 minutes.
- recipe can be doubled.
I guess I miss read the recipe. I didn't even debone the chicken. Because I knew the bones were in there, I discounted the cooking time and cooked for 2 hours. I cut a slit in the top of the thigh along the bone and made a pocket and stuffed a handful size bit of stuffing in there. I also removed the skin completely. The family LOVED this recipe. I couldn't even eat a whole leg myself because it was so rich. Now, next time, I'll buy boneless, skinless chicken leg meat and roll it around the stuffing and tie with string. I may have to pound it thin or cut pockets in it and stuff as is.. Still thinking how I can use this recipe. THANKS!
Ok...so I HATE de-boning chicken, so I cheated and left the skin on and stuffed the sausage under the skin. The stuffing was really delicious. Next time I will season the chicken under the skin before stuffing it.