Recipe by ThatJodiGirl
These are an old favorite, try using a combination of lean ground beef or turkey with the sausage, it comes out really good to.
Top Review by Harness Technology
A complete disaster. I followed the recipe EXACTLY as it appears and the following happened: 1.) the rice was not done after the 30 minute baking time - in fact, I covered it back up and baked for another 30 minutes - the rice NEVER got done; 2.) the "mixture", even after cooking for 60 minutes, was more like a soup. I recommend you steer clear of this recipe unless you like sausage soup with half-done rice.
- 6 medium green bell peppers
- 1 lb bulk sausage
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 2 cups water
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- sliced green onion
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Slice off tops from peppers or cut in half.
- Scrape out the centers to remove seeds and membranes.
- Combine all remaining ingredients except green onion in a medium bowl.
- Mix well.
- Evenly stuff peppers with sausage mixture.
- Place in a lightly greased deep 3 quart casserole dish.
- Bake; covered for 20 minutes.
- Uncover; bake 5 to 10 minutes more or until peppers are fork tender and filling is set.
- Garnish with sliced green onion.
- Serve hot.
- Refrigerate any leftovers.