1/2 Photos of Sausage Stuffed Baked Potatoes
1 hr 9 mins
Chef Regina V. Smith's Note:
This potato is really a meal in itself. Stuffed with sausage and cheese, it makes an easy hot meal to enjoy right out of the oven or at room temperature. This recipe is from the Liquor Control Board of Ontario's Food & Drink Magazine, Holiday 2007 issue.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 long baked potatoes, baked
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 mild Italian sausage, cases removed
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian herb seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seed, crushed
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh Italian parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup asiago cheese, shredded
- 1 egg
- 1Cut cooked potatoes in half lengthwise and scoop out inside with a small spoon and place in a bowl. Set potato shells aside in a 13 X 19 inch baking pan.
- 2Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 3Heat oil in a non stick skillet over medium heat and cook onion, sausage, garlic, Italian seasoning, and fennel seeds breaking up the sausage meat with a wooden spoon or spatula until it is no longer pink (about 8 minutes). Add pepper and cook for another 2 minutes. Add to reserve potato and stir to break up potato and combine. Add parsley and salt. Let cool slightly.
- 4Stir in 1/2 cup Asiago cheese and egg into the potatoe mixture until well combined. Spoon into potato shells and sprinkle each filled shell with the remaining cheese.
- 5Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown and knife is hot when inserted into the center.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sausage Stuffed Baked Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (188 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 151.3
- Calories from Fat 43
- Total Fat 4.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 52.8 mg
- Sodium 172.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 4.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
mild Italian sausage