Sausage Stuffed Acorn Squash
- Microwave Squash, cut side down in a microwave-safe dish with 1/4 cup water for 6 minutes.
- As Squash is cooking, saute sausage in skillet over medium heat, making sure to break up in small pieces as it cooks. Cook until golden brown (5-6 minutes).
- Remove sausage and set aside. Drain off fat.
- In the same pan, saute onion for 2 minutes, add diced apple and stir. Add 1/2 cup water, cover and cook 2 minutes. Add 2 T. brown sugar, stir until dissolved and add cooked sausage. Continue to stir for about 2 minutes, until most of the liquid evaporates.
- If you like walnuts, toss them in with the sausage mixture.
- Turn the squash over. Fill each squash half with the sausage mixture. Bake at 375 degrees for 18 minutes or until heated through.