Recipe by ratherbebaking
Acorn squash stuffed with sausage, spinach, dried cranberries and stuffing. Ready in less than 30 minutes. I modified this recipe from Simply Delicious.
Top Review by horseplay
This was good. I was a little ambivalent (sorry!) but the rest of the family thought it was just excellent, so I'm the minority anyway! I was a bit suspicious of the egg - I was worried it would turn out like an omelet in a squash, but you didn't really notice the egg in the end, it just made the stuffing fluffier. Thanks!
- 2 medium acorn squash
- 1 lb spicy bulk sausage
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup fresh Baby Spinach, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups herb seasoned stuffing mix (crushed)
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut squash in half, remove seeds.
- Place squash cut side down in a microwave safe dish.
- Cover and microwave on high for 10-12 minutes or until tender.
- Cook sausage and onion in a large skillet until sausage is no longer pink.
- Drain if needed.
- In a large bowl, beat egg and milk, stir in spinach, stuffing, cranberries and sausage mixture.
- Stuff squash with sausage mixture.
- Cover and microwave 2-3 minutes or until heated through.