Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a quick and easy recipe. It kind of has a pizza flavor to it, but even better! I reduced the fat by using 50% less fat pork sausage, fat free sour cream, and low fat cheeses.
- 1 (11 ounce) can Pillsbury refrigerated crusty french loaf
- 12 ounces Jimmy Dean sausage
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons chive & onion cream cheese
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese
- Cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink, drain.
- Return to pan and add tomato sauce, green pepper, garlic, & Italian seasoning.
- Spread mixture onto unrolled French loaf on a greased baking sheet.
- Combine sour cream & cream cheese and spread over sausage mixture.
- Sprinkle with cheeses.
- Fold one long side of dough over filling, then fold the other side over dough.
- Pinch seam & ends to seal.
- Cut slits in the top so it cooks through.
- Bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes.
mmmmmm....tasty! We chowed on this. I didn't have the chive and onion cream cheese, so I improvised and added some onion powder and dried chives to 3 tbs of cr. cheese. SMART! It worked great and I feel like I am moving up in the cooking world! You better come up with and post some more good recipes, especially since you are now eating for 2! :)
This stuff tastes awesome! I think Rachel should quit her job and start her own restaurant and make up cool recipes for me to eat!
Great recipe! Thanks for sharing it with us. Monte liked it as well as when you made it for us :).