Recipe by Rach2
This is a quick and easy recipe. It kind of has a pizza flavor to it, but even better! I reduced the fat by using 50% less fat pork sausage, fat free sour cream, and low fat cheeses.
Top Review by Lilkari23
mmmmmm....tasty! We chowed on this. I didn't have the chive and onion cream cheese, so I improvised and added some onion powder and dried chives to 3 tbs of cr. cheese. SMART! It worked great and I feel like I am moving up in the cooking world! You better come up with and post some more good recipes, especially since you are now eating for 2! :)
- 1 (11 ounce) can Pillsbury refrigerated crusty french loaf
- 12 ounces Jimmy Dean sausage
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons chive & onion cream cheese
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink, drain.
- Return to pan and add tomato sauce, green pepper, garlic, & Italian seasoning.
- Spread mixture onto unrolled French loaf on a greased baking sheet.
- Combine sour cream & cream cheese and spread over sausage mixture.
- Sprinkle with cheeses.
- Fold one long side of dough over filling, then fold the other side over dough.
- Pinch seam & ends to seal.
- Cut slits in the top so it cooks through.
- Bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes.