Recipe by Chef shapeweaver �
I found this recipe in a TOH "Country Pork" cookbook,it was sent into them by Barbara Berkow from Northbrook, Illinois.Since I don't like mushrooms those were left out.I haven't tried this yet,just wanted to put it here for safe keeping :) Any flavor of sausage should work just fine with this.The amount of sour cream that you use is up to you. Submitted to "ZAAR" on March 6th,2009.
Top Review by WellsBells
This dish was really very good. I needed to use up some pork sausage I'd gotten on sale so I thought I'd give it a try. I used "lite" sour cream and whole wheat egg noodles. My boys gobbled it right up and asked for seconds. We'll definitely make this again. Thanks!
- 1 lb bulk pork sausage
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄4 cups chicken broth, divided
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper (to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley (optional)
- hot cooked noodles
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet over medium heat,add sausage and onion,cook until meat is no longer pick and onion is tender.
- Add 1 cup broth,worcestershire sauce,and pepper.
- Cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir together remaining broth, and flour, until smooth.
- Stir into skillet, and bring to a boil and stir for 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat and add sour cream.
- Stir until heated through, DO NOT BOIL.
- Add parsley if using.
- Serve over cooked noodles.