Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I found this recipe in a TOH "Country Pork" cookbook,it was sent into them by Barbara Berkow from Northbrook, Illinois.Since I don't like mushrooms those were left out.I haven't tried this yet,just wanted to put it here for safe keeping :) Any flavor of sausage should work just fine with this.The amount of sour cream that you use is up to you. Submitted to "ZAAR" on March 6th,2009.
- 1 lb bulk pork sausage
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄4 cups chicken broth, divided
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper (to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley (optional)
- hot cooked noodles
- In a large skillet over medium heat,add sausage and onion,cook until meat is no longer pick and onion is tender.
- Add 1 cup broth,worcestershire sauce,and pepper.
- Cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir together remaining broth, and flour, until smooth.
- Stir into skillet, and bring to a boil and stir for 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat and add sour cream.
- Stir until heated through, DO NOT BOIL.
- Add parsley if using.
- Serve over cooked noodles.
This dish was really very good. I needed to use up some pork sausage I'd gotten on sale so I thought I'd give it a try. I used "lite" sour cream and whole wheat egg noodles. My boys gobbled it right up and asked for seconds. We'll definitely make this again. Thanks!