Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
This is a quick and easy meal that will treat your taste buds. A grandkid favorite in my house.
Make and share this Sausage Stew (With Pepper, Onions and Potatoes) recipe from Food.com.
- 6 links sweet sausage or 6 links hot sausage, sliced about 3/4
- 2 small green bell peppers, chopped coarse
- 1 large onion, sliced 1/2 thick
- 2 potatoes, peeled and cubed about a 1/2 inch
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 4 ounces tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 2 teaspoons basil
- 2 teaspoons parsley
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped fine
- 3 tablespoons of grated romano cheese
- 1 cup water
- Heat olive oil to a medium high heat in Dutch oven or heavy pot. Add the sausage and cook on all sides. About 15 minutes.
- Add garlic and stir for a minute or two. Add peppers and onions, stirring to coat with oil. Add tomato paste, diced tomato, potatoes and tomato sauce. Stir to combine.
- Add seasonings, cheese, and water. Stir once more. Bring to a simmer and cook for about 45 minutes.
- Potatoes should be tender. Sprinkle liberally with Romano cheese. Serve with garlic bread and a salad. Makes 6 servings.
I only had cumberland sausages and yellow and red peppers. I didn't use any cheese, but thickened the stew with cornflour. Very tasty and the kids loved it too.
This page is so user friendly! It is an awesome recipe too. One for a chilly day. I especially like the nutrition calculator! It's great!! ANd You are cute Chef Bob.........