1/2 Photos of Sausage Stew (With Pepper, Onions and Potatoes)
Chef Bob Martino's Note:
This is a quick and easy meal that will treat your taste buds. A grandkid favorite in my house.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 links sweet sausage or 6 links hot sausage, sliced about 3/4
- 2 small green bell peppers, chopped coarse
- 1 large onion, sliced 1/2 thick
- 2 potatoes, peeled and cubed about a 1/2 inch
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 4 ounces tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 2 teaspoons basil
- 2 teaspoons parsley
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped fine
- 3 tablespoons of grated romano cheese
- 1 cup water
- 1Heat olive oil to a medium high heat in Dutch oven or heavy pot. Add the sausage and cook on all sides. About 15 minutes.
- 2Add garlic and stir for a minute or two. Add peppers and onions, stirring to coat with oil. Add tomato paste, diced tomato, potatoes and tomato sauce. Stir to combine.
- 3Add seasonings, cheese, and water. Stir once more. Bring to a simmer and cook for about 45 minutes.
- 4Potatoes should be tender. Sprinkle liberally with Romano cheese. Serve with garlic bread and a salad. Makes 6 servings.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sausage Stew (With Pepper, Onions and Potatoes)
Serving Size: 1 (542 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 358.0
- Calories from Fat 157
- Total Fat 17.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 27.9 mg
- Sodium 1374.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.8 g
- Sugars 13.7 g
- Protein 20.1 g