Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Another do ahead recipe. Very tasty tid-bit and they are steamed not deep fried. Vary the dipping sauce to your taste
- 226.79 g hot Italian sausage or 226.79 g mild Italian sausage, removed from casing and browned
- 236.59 ml mushroom, finely chopped
- 5 clove garlic, minced
- 29.58 ml light cream cheese
- 20 wonton wrappers
- 59.14 ml Worcestershire sauce
- Break up the sausage as you cook it (5 minutes), drain off fat.
- Stir in chopped mushrooms.
- Saute about 5 minutes or until the liquid evaporates.
- Remove skillet from heat and stir in the cream cheese, let cool 15 minutes.
- Brush edges of wrapper with water (use a Q tip).
- Place a heaping tsp of meat mixture in the center.
- Bring the 4 corners up over the meat and seal.
- repeat with remaining wrappers (you can now freeze them for up to 3 weeks, place in single layer separated by waxed paper in an air tight container).
- Place dumplings in a steamer basket over gently boiling water cover and steam for 10 minutes fresh and 15 minutes if frozen.
- Serve warm with the worcestershire sauce as a dip.
i'm a vegetarian and chinese steamed pork dumplings are something i *really* miss! i used this recipe and instead of italian sausage used a vegetarian sausage substitute ("gimme lean"). the recipe turned out FANTASTIC and i was so pleased.
This tasted excellent! If I could find very think wrappers I think that would be even better. thanks, Becca