Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
I have been making this recipe for many years and always get asked for the recipe. Great for a party!
- 2 (8 ounce) packages wonton wrappers
- 1 1⁄2 lbs bulk pork sausage
- 1 whole sweet onion, chopped finely
- 12 ounces shredded cheese (I use Colby jack or sharp)
- 1⁄2 cup ranch dressing
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup jalapeno, to taste
- Use mini muffin pans to form the "won ton cups". Spray your mini muffin pan with non stick spray and place one won ton wrapper over each space and press into pan with fingers. (Pampered Chef makes a little wooden dowel with round ends on each just for this and works great!) Bake in 350 degree oven till lightly browned and then take out of oven and put on cookie sheet. Repeat until all your won ton wrappers are gone.
- While your baking the shells brown the sausage and onion together till onion is almost caramelized. Drain grease. Let cool a little bit and add the cheese, dry ranch package, sour cream, chopped jalapeños and salsa. Stir together till all ingredients are well combined. Spoon mixture into shells and bake in 350 degree oven till bubbly. Approximately 10 to 15 minutes.
- Serve with salsa and sour cream on top!