Hors d' oeuvres or brunch entree. I've never tried, but it looks good! From a "Lucerne" or Safeway brand package of Italian Four Cheese Blend.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 ounces pork sausage, hot or regular
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 18 Ritz crackers, crushed (about 1/2 cup crumbs)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 1 lb zucchini, shredded (about 2 large)
- 1 cup shredded Italian cheese blend
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees; grease 7 x 11-inch (2 qt.) baking dish.
- 2Saute sausage and onion in a medium skillet until all the pink is gone; drain fat.
- 3Whisk eggs in a large bowl until frothy.
- 4Stir in Parmesan cheese, cracker crumbs, basil, oregano, pepper, garlic, sausage and zucchini.
- 5Spoon into baking dish, spreading the top smooth.
- 6Bake for 25 minutes.
- 7Sprinkle the top with Italian Four Cheese Blend and bake 15 minutes longer.
- 8Cut into 1 1/2 inch squares.
- 9(Squares may be refrigerated overnight or frozen. Reheat at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.).
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sausage Squares With Zucchini and Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (1188 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 48.5
- Calories from Fat 31
- Total Fat 3.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 28.3 mg
- Sodium 92.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 2.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Italian cheese blend