Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Hors d' oeuvres or brunch entree. I've never tried, but it looks good! From a "Lucerne" or Safeway brand package of Italian Four Cheese Blend.
- 12 ounces pork sausage, hot or regular
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 4 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 18 Ritz crackers, crushed (about 1/2 cup crumbs)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 1 lb zucchini, shredded (about 2 large)
- 1 cup shredded Italian cheese blend
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees; grease 7 x 11-inch (2 qt.) baking dish.
- Saute sausage and onion in a medium skillet until all the pink is gone; drain fat.
- Whisk eggs in a large bowl until frothy.
- Stir in Parmesan cheese, cracker crumbs, basil, oregano, pepper, garlic, sausage and zucchini.
- Spoon into baking dish, spreading the top smooth.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Sprinkle the top with Italian Four Cheese Blend and bake 15 minutes longer.
- Cut into 1 1/2 inch squares.
- (Squares may be refrigerated overnight or frozen. Reheat at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.).