Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
this recipe came from my quick cooking magazine. It's really good in a pinch.
- 1 (8 ounce) package refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 1 lb bulk pork sausage
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped green peppers
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- unroll crescent dough into a greased 13-in. x 2-in. baking dish; seal seams and perforations.
- Bake at 375 for 6 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, cook sausage and onion over meduium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- In a bowl, combine the eggs, milk, green pepper, oregano, pepper and garlic salt; pour over crust.
- Sprinkle with sausage mixture.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheese; bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
We loved these. We had them for dinner, but they would be great for a brunch as well. I cooked the crust as stated, but then when I was finished cooking it with the rest of the ingredients according to the recipe, the crust was a little too brown. Next time, when the crust is first cooked by itself, I'll take it out when it's a little underdone. That way, when the filling is put in, the crust will not be overdone when the whole dish has finished cooking. We really liked this, and I plan on making it for Christmas morning. Thanks for posting this, JK.
A friend at work brought these in to share and they were really good. She said when she finished the recipe she realized that she had forgotten to add the cheese. Everyone thought they were good even without it.