Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
A great Sunday morning start to the day. Not too decadent.
- 1⁄2 lb ground sausage (pork, turkey, chicken, your call)
- 12 ounces frozen spinach
- 4 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 ounces shredded colby-monterey jack cheese, mix
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 deg.
- Thaw the pastry sheet.
- Place the pastry sheet on a length of cling wrap sufficient to fold back over.
- Roll out pastry sheet to insure the seams don’t separate.
- Spread a layer of the sausage over the pastry and fold the cling wrap back over the top. Use your rolling pin to even out and compress the sausage onto the pastry.
- Pull the cling wrap back and spread a layer of the spinach over the pastry.Repeat the rolling with the cling wrap.
- Repeat with a layer of the cheese mix.
- Preheat a cookie sheet in the oven.
- Using the cling wrap as a tool, much like a sushi rolling mat, form the pastry and toppings into a jelly roll log form.
- Slice the log into ¾ inch discs and place flat on the oiled cookie sheet at 2 inch intervals.
- Bake for 25 minutes, watching carefully after 15. Ovens vary.