Recipe by AZPARZYCH
I found this in my Taste of Home: Best Ever Casseroles book that I received from the 2010 Cookbook Swap.
Top Review by katew
5 stars or more ! We loved this - I used ground beef and spinach out of the garden. I also chopped in a tomato. I did all the browning and then DD finished off the cooking when she got home from school so it is a kid friendly recipe both in the eating and the making !!
- 1⁄4 lb bulk pork sausage
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small skillet, cook the sausage, onion and celery over medium heat intil meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender. Drain and remove from the heat.
- Stir in spinach, egg, bread crumbs, cheddar cheese and salt.
- Transfer to a greased shallow 1-quart baking dish.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese, cover and bake for 20 minutes or until heated through.