1/2 Photos of Sausage Soup With Tortellini
1 hr 35 mins
1 hr 20 mins
Another satisfying and tasty soup I like to make.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb Italian sausage
- 1 cup onion, chopped coarsely
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 5 cups beef broth
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup dry red wine or 1/2 cup water
- 4 medium tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup carrot, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 8 ounces frozen meat-filled tortellini or 8 ounces cheese tortellini
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, cut in 1/2 inch pieces
- grated parmesan cheese
- 1Remove sausage from casing and brown in a 5-quart Dutch oven.
- 2Remove sausage; drain, reserving 1 T of the drippings in Dutch oven.
- 3Saute onions and garlic in drippings until onions are tender.
- 4Add beef broth, water, wine, tomatoes, carrots, basil, oregano and tomato sauce and bring to a boil.
- 5Reduce heat; simmer uncovered 30 minutes.
- 6Skim fat from soup.
- 7Stir in tortellini, parsley and green pepper.
- 8Simmer covered an additional 35-40 minutes or until tortellini are tender.
- 9Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top of each serving.
Browse Our Top Clear Soup Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Clear Soup Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sausage Soup With Tortellini
Serving Size: 1 (380 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 255.0
- Calories from Fat 146
- Total Fat 16.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 32.8 mg
- Sodium 1208.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 13.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: