Prep 45 mins
Cook 28 mins
In '300 Sensation Soups' by Carla Snyder and Meredith Deeds
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch dice
- 2 (15 ounce) cans butter beans or 2 (15 ounce) cans lima beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (1 lb) bagfrozen italian-cut green beans, thawed
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes, with juice
- 2 lbs kielbasa, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 6 cups beef stock
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
- shaved parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- In a big pot, heat oil over medium heat; add in carrots, celery, and onion; saute until softened, about 6 minutes.
- Add in potatoes, butter beans, green beans, tomatoes with juice, kielbasa, stock, basil, and cayenne; bring to a boil.
- Decrease heat and simmer for 20 minutes to blend the flavors; season with salt and pepper taste; stir in parsley.
- Ladle into heated bowls and garnish with cheese.