Recipe by sheila
It is easy to make and good
Top Review by Sheila S.
I'm in the process of making this and I think it's going to taste good, but I have a couple of comments on the recipe. Cooked orzo is listed in the ingredients, but not mentioned in the instructions. Also, 3/4 pounds orzo seems like a lot. I cooked 3/4 c. to include, which seems about right. Also, I used a 2 quart pan and really needed a much bigger pan to have room for all the ingredients -- so I transferred everything to a larger pot part way through making this.
- 1 lb Italian sausage, casing removed
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 2 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon sweet basil
- 3⁄4 lb orzo pasta, cooked
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 2-quart hot saucepan, crumble and brown sausage.
- Remove meat from pan, pour off drippings.
- Sauté onions in the saucepan.
- Return meat to saucepan and add crushed tomatoes and broth.
- Bring to a boil; add sweet basil and simmer for one hour.
- Add 1 to 2 cups water as needed.