Everyone loves these mini pig-in-the-blankets. They are good as an appetizer, for lunch or dinner. They can be made ahead and refrigerated for up to two hours before baking.
- 2 (8 ounce) cans crescent rolls
- 48 fully cooked cocktail smoked sausage links (lil smokies)
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Separate dough into 4 rectangles. Press to seal perforations.
- Cut each rectangle in half crosswise. Cut each half in three pieces.
- Place sausages on each strip of dough and roll-up.
- Bake at 375 degrees on ungreased cookie sheet for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm with ketchup and mustard, if desired.
This is how I make mine. Not gourmet, but nice for a weekday dinner when you're too darn tired to fix, stir, chop, etc. Easy and good.
Awesome quick snack. Even better with honey mustard. My husband likes these with BBQ sauce. Very good as leftovers too.
I first had these right after I married my husband, his family made them for christmas breakfast! They serve them with just a simple mustard/mayo mix and they go FAST!