Recipe by Yvette Foster
My mother made this dish while I was growing up and it was always a family favorite. I usually make a double batch so there will be leftovers!
Top Review by Jellyqueen
I had some bulk sausage that I bought on sale, and while looking for a recipe to use it, I found this recipe. I really did not expect to love this as much as I did, because I am not really all that fond of sausage, but this was great. Even better was the fact that it was so quick and easy. Wish I had a new camera, because I would have loved to posted a picture of this. I used diced tomatoes because that is what I had on hand, and I used sweet banana peppers. Will make again, and looking forward to the leftovers for dinner tonight.
- 1 lb mild sausage
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 8 ounces wide egg noodles
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole canned tomatoes
- 8 ounces sour cream
- salt and pepper
- chili powder
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet brown the sausage, onion and green pepper until sausage is cooked thoroughly.
- Add the noodles,tomatoes and sour cream and mix well.
- Add seasonings to taste.
- Cover and cook until noodles are tender.
- If needed, add enough water to prevent mixture from sticking or scorching.