Recipe by starrynite121287
This is a favorite with my family and friends...I always have to make a double batch to make everyone happy! Quick, easy and great for those chilly winter nights.
Top Review by wealthave
So, so good!! I was looking for a quick, one-dish meal that I hoped would also be tasty. This recipe fit the bill (and I usually have the ingredients on hand.) Made exactly as directed and the noodles were perfectly cooked. I will definitely be making this again. I may try different types of pasta just for variety. Thanks for posting!
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- 1⁄2 cup diced green pepper
- 1 lb ground bulk sausage (can use mild or hot, depending on taste)
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice
- 8 ounces extra wide egg noodles
- 8 ounces sour cream
- black pepper
- chili powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown sausage, onion, and green pepper in skillet or dutch oven until sausage is thoroughly cooked. Drain well. Stir in tomatoes and sour cream, then add egg noodles and mix well. Add salt, pepper, and chili powder to taste. Cover and cook on medium heat 20 minutes or until noodles are tender, stirring frequently. Add a small amount of water, if necessary, to prevent mixture from sticking to pan.