Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
My husband just loves mushrooms, so this was much enjoyed by him. I flatten the patties out between 2 pieces of waxed paper with a plate, so they are thin, since meat usually shrinks a bit when grilling. Note: The dressing I used was #176110 "Chef Salad" Dressing.
- 1 lb garlic pork sausage, casings removed
- 8 slices apple wood smoked bacon, cooked to your liking
- 1 tablespoon bacon drippings
- 4 cups sliced brown mushrooms
- 4 slices havarti cheese or 4 slices swiss cheese, I used Havarti
- 4 good quality hamburger buns, toasted
- good thousand island dressing, see note
- Preheat grill.
- Divide pork sausage into 4 patties.
- Set aside.
- In pan, which you have cooked the bacon,.
- saute the mushrooms until browned, in the bacon drippings.
- Grill patties to doneness.
- on bottom bun, place 1 slice cheese.
- add sausage patty, some mushrooms, 2 slices bacon.
- On other side of the bun, add as much dressing as you like.
- Place on top of dressed patty.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients.
This is a "manly burger", delicious. Great combination of ingredients. Made as written with one exception, I used Mayo in place of the dressing. Thanks for posting. Made for Photo Tag Early Fall 2011.