1/1 Photo of Sausage Scrambles and Cheese
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil or 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, 1 turn of the pan
- 1 lb bulk breakfast sausage, such as maple sausage
- 8 large eggs
- 1/8-1/4 fluid ounce half-and-half (splash) or 1/8-1/4 fluid ounce milk (splash)
- 3 -5 drops hot sauce
- salt and pepper
- 6 ounces cheddar cheese, diced
- 1 plum tomato, seeded and diced
- 1Preheat a nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add extra-virgin olive oil or vegetable oil, 1 turn of the pan, add sausage and brown and crumble the meat, 5 or 6 minutes. Remove the sausage from the pan and drain off some of the fat. Return pan to heat and reduce the temperature to medium low.
- 2Whisk together the eggs, half-and-half or milk, hot sauce, salt and pepper. Scramble the eggs until soft, then add cheese and continue to scramble another minute or so to finish cooking eggs and to begin to melt the cheese bits.
- 3Remove pan from heat and combine sausage and eggs.
- 4Garnish servings of the eggs with a few pieces of diced fresh tomato.
- 5Serve plates of sausage scrambles with pancakes, or for a simple supper, serve with toasted whole grain bread, buttered and drizzled with honey.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sausage Scrambles and Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (276 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 733.3
- Calories from Fat 533
- Total Fat 59.3 g
- Saturated Fat 23.0 g
- Cholesterol 512.4 mg
- Sodium 1265.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 45.3 g