Recipe by Karen=^..^=
My family loves this dish on rolls as sandwiches or served over pasta. It is very easy and is also great for parties and potlucks.
- 2 lbs Italian sausage
- 1 green pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- Italian bread or rolls or pasta
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry sausage over medium heat in large frying pan until when cut, it is just a bit pink in the center.
- Remove sausage from pan and add peppers and onions to the frying pan.
- While onions and peppers are cooking, slice sausage into 1/2 inch rounds.
- Return sausage to pan and add the jar of sauce.
- Stir everything until well combined and let simmer for about 15 minutes or so, allowing sauce to cook down a bit and thicken.
- Serve on Italian rolls or over pasta.