Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
My family loves this dish on rolls as sandwiches or served over pasta. It is very easy and is also great for parties and potlucks.
- 2 lbs Italian sausage
- 1 green pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- Italian bread or rolls or pasta
- Fry sausage over medium heat in large frying pan until when cut, it is just a bit pink in the center.
- Remove sausage from pan and add peppers and onions to the frying pan.
- While onions and peppers are cooking, slice sausage into 1/2 inch rounds.
- Return sausage to pan and add the jar of sauce.
- Stir everything until well combined and let simmer for about 15 minutes or so, allowing sauce to cook down a bit and thicken.
- Serve on Italian rolls or over pasta.
I made this recipe last night..It was fabulous !!! the only thing I did different was to add a little bit of garlic. Thanks again for a great recipe!!
I really enjoyed this recipe as did my husband. I ended up using turkey sausage and adding garlic like some of the others mentioned. It came out delicious. Thanks :)
This is great! I added some crushed chilies and garlic to give it a little kick. Hubby loved it! Thanks for the recipe.