- 2 medium potatoes
- 8 ounces sauerkraut, drained
- 1 tablespoon sliced green onion
- 1⁄2 lb pork sausage (I use hot Italian, casings removed)
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- parmesan cheese, freshly grated (for the top)
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and cook potatoes.
- Meanwhile, combine sauerkraut and onion; place in a 2 to 3 cup casserole.
- Brown sausage meat; drain; spoon over sauerkraut.
- Drain potatoes; mash with milk, butter, salt and pepper.
- Spread potatoes over sausage; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake in a 400 degree oven for 25 to 30 minutes or till lightly browned.
- This recipe can be doubled, tripled or made for a large gathering.
- Just remember to increase the size of the casserole dish as well as the ingredients.