This is sweet yet tart
Make and share this Sausage & Sauerkraut recipe from Food.com.
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 (32 ounce) jar sauerkraut, rinsed & drained
- 1 lb fully cooked Polish sausage, cut into 1/2 in chunks
- 3 1⁄2 cups diced cooked peeled potatoes
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1 medium unpeeled apple, diced
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon caraway seed, sseeds
- 3 slices bacon, cooked & crumbled
- In a large saucepan, saute onion in oil until tender.
- Add sauerkraut, sausage, potatoes, apple juice& apple.
- Combine brown sugar, flour& carway, stir into saucepan.
- Simmer for 35 minutes.
- Garnish with bacon.