Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Real comfort food. A family favorite.
- 1 lb smoked sausage, sliced in bite-size pieces
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 can diced tomato
- 2 cups water
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Tabasco sauce, to taste
- cooked rice
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- Brown sausage in a non-stick skillet.
- Drain any fat and set aside.
- Make a roux by browning oil and flour, stirring constantly until the roux is about the color of peanut butter.
- Add onion and bell pepper.
- Add cooked sausage, tomatoes, water and seasonings.
- Cover and simmer at least one hour.
- Serve over rice.
This was very tasty and simple...I just overdid the Tabasco sauce and suffered for it all night!!
PanNan, Some of my favorite dishes are Rice Dishes. As I get older I find myself looking for easy to fix,but Tasty recipes,This recipe was both easy and very tasty. Thank you so much, Darlene Summers
Very simple and very flavorful Cajun comfort food. A nice easy meal to make on a busy day. I made mine with Venison sausage and served with sourdough French bread for the great sauce. Thank you. ZWT3