Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
A magazine find. Its simple but very tasty. Choose your own favorite type of sausage for this recipe. Also nice to top with some cheese, melt under the grill and then add the mustard. If you want you can of course chop the ingredients for the salsa by hand, it does not take long.
- 8 sausages
- 4 tomatoes, quartered
- 1 red onion, roughly chopped
- 12 basil leaves (or parsley)
- 2 tablespoons tomato ketchup
- salt and pepper
- 1 large baguette (French stick)
- mustard, any style you prefer
- Grill or fry the sausages until cooked through and browned.
- Put in your food-processor: tomatoes, onion, basil and ketchup, process until finely chopped and season to taste.
- Cut the baguette in four lengths, split each piece but don't cut all the way through.
- Put on the salsa and add two sausages to each one, top with a squirt of mustard and enjoy!
Pets this was just what the kids wanted. I made this last week for our once a week meal together. I used a smoked sausage and regular mustard for them and hot & spicy for me. I also put some mozzarella cheese on top and broiled it for a few minutes as did ellie. Really good stuff. Thanks
This made delicious sandwiches! I used a local smoked sausage and added some melted sharp cheddar. I did cheat a bit by using canned diced tomatoes for the salsa as I didn't have any fresh tomatoes. This will be a good recipe to have on hand for weeknights when I'm rushing around with the children's activities. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
Very good hearty sandwiches which we enjoyed! We used Italian sausages and oregano (instead of basil). Instead of the mustard we topped these with shredded mozzarella and put them in the oven for a few minutes for delicious sausage subs. So easy and so good! Thanks for sharing!