Recipe by claire_99_ca
This is a simple dish to prepare, it freezes well and is very versatile. You can use whatever veggies you have on hand. Great for OAMC!
- 6 Italian sausages
- 900 g penne pasta
- 1⁄2 a medium onion
- 1 bell pepper, any color
- 1 (750 ml) jar pasta sauce
- 2 cups of shredded cheese
- 1 -2 cup of your favorite vegetables
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook sausage and pasta and set aside.
- Cut and saute your onions and other veggies in a large skillet with a little bit of oil. (medium heat).
- Add pasta sauce to cooked veggies and mix well.
- Cut cooked sausage in half lengthwise and then slice into bite size peices and add to skillet.
- Cook mixture over medium heat until hot and bubbly throughout.
- Add 1 cup of shredded cheese to pan, stir in and turn off heat.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese on top and serve immediately.
- For OAMC: Follow instructions the same as above BUT put the mixture into a 9X13 pan (serves 6-8) or an 8X8 pan (serves 4) before adding the final cup of cheese to the top. Allow to cool completely before freezing.
- To reheat, thaw overnight and then bake at 350 for 30-45 minutes until hot.
- This can also be frozen in Ziplock Freezer bags, thawed overnight, and reheated in the skillet on medium heat for about 10 minutes. However, if freezing in bags be sure to add the last cup of cheese just before serving.