Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a really easy recipe that I adopted from Kraft. You can add more spices and veggies to suite your own taste
- 3 1⁄2 cups rotini pasta, uncooked
- 1 lb Italian sausage, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 (15 ounce) cans diced tomatoes, undrained (I use the Italian seasoned)
- 1 cup chopped onion (about 1 medium)
- 1⁄2 cup balsamic vinaigrette
- 3 -4 chopped garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 medium chopped bell pepper
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- Cook pasta as directed on package.
- Meanwhile, cook sausage in large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat 10 minute or until sausage is cooked through, stirring occasionally.
- Drain sausage; return to skillet. Add tomatoes with their liquid, the onions,peppers, garlic,seasonings, and dressing.
- Cook 5 minute or until veggies are crisp-tender, stirring occasionally.
- Drain pasta. Toss with the sausage mixture and 1/2 of the mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese and serve in warm bowls.