Delicious Bits's Note:
When I was a 15 year old kid, my first job was working in the only Coffee Shop in town. One of the best things they sold were these sausage rolls. Every time I make these, everyone asks for the recipe. They're so tasty! Hope you enjoy them too. I find this recipe sometimes a bit greasy, you can avoid this by reducing the quantity of Sausage Mince (100g) and increasing the Beef Mince (400g).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 250 g ground sausage
- 250 g beef mince
- 1 onion, finely diced (lightly fried until slightly softened)
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon mixed herbs
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 (375 g) packet frozen puff pastry, thawed and halved (approx. 2-4 sheets)
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 -3 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1Preheat oven to 210 degrees celcius.
- 2Except for pastry, sesame seeds, egg and milk, mix all other ingredients well in a bowl.
- 3Mix egg and milk in a bowl and set aside.
- 4Place mince mix along the length of the pastry aprroximately an inch thick and roll into a long sausage roll. Seal opposite long edge with egg mix. Cut to preferred size - 2cm for scrolls, 6cm for party sausage rolls and half or thirds for regular sausage rolls, these are all approximate measurements, it depends on the length of the pastry.
- 5For sausage rolls, paint the top of the pastry with the egg mix and sprinkle with sesame seeds. For scrolls, paint one side with egg mix and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- 6Can be frozen at this stage for later use. Thaw prior to baking.
- 7Place on a tray with grease proof paper and bake for 35-45 minutes.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sausage Rolls or Party Scrolls
Serving Size: 1 (108 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 528.6
- Calories from Fat 343
- Total Fat 38.2 g
- Saturated Fat 11.5 g
- Cholesterol 83.7 mg
- Sodium 812.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 18.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: