1/3 Photos of Sausage Rolls
This is appetizer/snack is very popular in Australia. It was introduced there by English settlers. I know you will be tempted to jazz these up with herbs or onion, well go right ahead! Sometimes simple is better, though. The original recipe calls for shortcrust pastry, but I use frozen puff pastry for ease.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- 2Roll pastry out into a thin rectangle; cut lengthwise into 2 long strips.
- 3Divide sausage into 2 portions, dust with flour, and form long rolls about the same length as the pastry.
- 4Place sausage in the middle of the pastry strips; brush pastry edges with milk, then seal long edge.
- 5Brush the two pastries with milk, then slice into 1 to 2 inch rounds.
- 6Place rounds on a baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes at 400 degrees F; reduce heat to 350 degrees F and bake until puffed and golden, about an additional 10 to 15 minutes.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sausage Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (35 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 145.4
- Calories from Fat 92
- Total Fat 10.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 16.5 mg
- Sodium 210.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 4.5 g