1/1 Photo of Sausage Rolls
Jesse's Mum's Note:
These sausage rolls are the perfect item for morning tea, as tempting appetisers for unexpected guests or for something different to prepare from just about any plain sausage you normally buy. I use pork or chicken mince or the meat from the casings.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 11Cut or break bread into small pieces and place into a bowl. Cover with hot water, stand for five minutes and then, using clean hands, squeeze excess water from bread.
- 2Place softened bread in a large bowl, add sausage mince, onion and parsley. Season mixture with salt and pepper and mix with clean hands until well combined.
- 3Partially thaw puff pastry and cut in half. Spread about 1/3 cup of the mince mixture down the centre of each pastry rectangle. Brush edges of pastry lightly with water, then roll up to enclose filling and form long rolls. Cut each roll in half.
- 4Place sausage rolls, seam-side down, on lightly greased baking trays (I use greaseproof paper to cut down on cleaning up time). Brush lightly with milk and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- 5Bake in a 220C preheated oven for ten minutes, then reduce temperature to 180C and bake for a further fifteen minutes or until rolls are golden.
- 6Note : Cooked sausage rolls will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for two to three days. Reheat in a 150C preheated oven as required. Rolls can also be frozen for up to one month.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sausage Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (243 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1243.3
- Calories from Fat 838
- Total Fat 93.1 g
- Saturated Fat 26.9 g
- Cholesterol 121.0 mg
- Sodium 1456.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 36.0 g