Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Great as an appetizer or for breakfast and brunch.
- 2 (453.59 g) package crescent roll dough
- 907.18 g uncooked sausage
- 473.18 ml shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 bunch chopped green onions
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Unroll crescent roll dough on floured board or counter. Press seams together.
- Layer dough with uncooked sausage, cheese, and green onions. Add black pepper to taste if desired.
- Roll dough jelly-roll fashion, pinch seam to seal. Chill for 10 to 15 minutes. Cut into 1 inch slices.
- Place on greased baking sheets and sprinkle each with mozzarella if desired.
- Bake at 300º for 30 minutes until sausage is cooked through.
These rolls were fabulous! Hint: Use Pillsbury 'Bigger and Buttery' crescent roll dough. I made them for a Friday night get-together, but we had the leftovers with eggs the next morning. They were a huge hit. They even work with lean turkey sausage. Thanks Lvs2Cook, for a great, non fussy recipe that's a keeper in our house!