Prep 8 hrs
Cook 15 mins
This is a favorite of my kids and husband. My teenagers now make this for our family. Leftovers warm up well!
- 1 loaf frozen white bread dough
- 1 lb bulk pork sausage
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 egg white, mixed with
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 jar spaghetti sauce
- Place frozen dough on baking sheet sprayed with cooking oil spray.
- Spray plastic wrap with cooking oil stick spray and cover dough.
- Let rise according to package directions.
- Brown sausage in small skillet until no pink remains.
- Return to skillet and mix in chilies.
- Spread thawed dough on greased cookie sheet (with sides) to 11 x 17 rectangle.
- Spread 1 c cheese down center length of dough.
- Spread sausage mixture over top.
- Spread with remaining 1 c cheese.
- Bring long sides of dough over sausage and pinch to seal edges and ends.
- Turn so seam is on bottom.
- Brush with egg wash.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Slice and serve with warm spaghetti sauce.
Loved this recipe. I used Bisquick biscuit recipe for the dough since I didn't have time to wait for bread to thaw out. Had to cook a little longer but my husband loved and little boy loved it.