Recipe by cookingpompom
A true one pot meal, meat, vegies and rice. Sure to please.
Top Review by livinthefaith
We LOVE this recipe! We chose it randomly one day and now make it very often! I am making it this weekend for our larger family of 11! I usually double the recipe and use fresh carrots instead of frozen (just because I don't have them!). It turns out great every time. I will vary the sausage - sometimes sweet Italian, sometimes kilbasa or smokes sausages. We like it best with an Italian sausage of some time. Thank you so much for posting this recipe!
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 6 chicken sausage or 6 beef sausages or 6 pork sausage
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 1⁄2 cups arborio rice
- 425 g crushed tomatoes
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 1⁄2 cup frozen green beans
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas
- 1⁄2 cup frozen carrots
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large and deep fry pan/skillet that has a lid, add the oil.
- On a medium high heat, add and fry the sausages.
- When cooked remove and chop sausages into bite size wheels.
- Do not remove the oil from the pan.
- Add the onions to the oil and fry until translucent (about 2-3 minutes).
- Add the rice and stir to get coated in the oil.
- Add all the remaining ingredients (including the sausages).
- Turn the heat down to a low simmer and cover with the lid.
- Simmer for 35-45 minutes, do not lift lid and check until at least 35 minutes.
- Check to see if the rice is cooked at 35 minutes, cook a little more if required.