Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe came from a Casserole Cookbook I got in the Cookbook Swap.
- 1 lb bulk pork sausage
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 1 (16 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 4 cups cooked brown rice
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 teaspoons crushed dried sage
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook sausage, celery, onion and mushrooms in a large skillet until meat is browned, drain.
- Combine with remaining ingredients and place in a greased 3 quart casserole dish.
- Cover and bake for 45 minutes.
My mom used to make this any time she needed a dish for a potluck. It's very tasty.