Recipe by S Parran
Fresh vegetables balance out the sometimes too fatty sausage, and the ravioli is crisp fried instead of waterlogged.
- 1⁄2 lb Italian sausage
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cubanelle pepper, chopped
- 1 elephant garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 eggplant, leaving skin on and dice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (32 ounce) bagfrozen cheese ravioli
- 1 (10 ounce) jarof your favorite spaghetti sauce
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 (16 ounce) bag fresh spinach, stems removed
Directions See How It's Made
- Thinly slice sausage and brown in heavy fry pan.
- Add onion and pepper. Sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add garlic, sauté for another minute.
- Add eggplant, sauté for 3 minutes. Stirring frequently.
- Remove all to oiled casserole dish.
- Add olive oil to pan. Heat to medium high.
- Place ravioli in pan and lightly brown on both sides.
- Return heat to medium.
- Return veggies to pan and combine stirring in herbs.
- Add spaghetti sauce, let heat through, add spinach and wilt.
- Return all to casserole dish and top with parmesan cheese.
- Place in 400-degree oven for 35 minutes. Uncovered.