Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is from emeril live, its really good. It can be eaten with penne or with a cheese filled ravioli.
- 226.79 g Italian sausage
- 118.29 ml onion, chopped
- 3.69 ml garlic, minced
- 1.23 ml crushed red pepper flakes
- 1.23 ml salt
- 1.23 ml dried basil
- 0.59 ml dried oregano
- 0.59 ml ground black pepper
- 425.24 g can whole canned tomatoes, chopped, juices reserved
- 226.79 g can tomato sauce
- 14.79 ml tomato paste
- 59.14 ml dry red wine
- 59.14 ml heavy cream
- 0.25 ml sugar
- Add sausage and cook, stirring, until brown and the fat is rendered, about 4 minutes.
- Add the onions, garlic, crushed red pepper salt, basil, oregano and black pepper, and cook, stirring, until soft, 4 minutes. Add the tomatoes and their juices, tomato sauce, tomato paste, wine, cream, and sugar, and stir well.
- Bring to a simmer and cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until thick and the flavors are blended, about 30 minutes, adding water as necessary to keep from getting too thick.
Delicous! Mine was a little runny but I think that's because it smelled too good for me to wait long enough for it to boil down too much. Yum!
Wow. This Ragu is AMAZING. Thank you Emeril! I made it with homemade fettuccini last week and am making it today to incorporate into some lasagne for a dinner party. DE-LISH!
This was really good. Even my dh, who doesn't really like pasta enjoyed this. I used turkey sausage and left out the dry red wine and also the tomato paste. Turned out just fine without. Will definetly have again.