Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From Southern Living Christmas Cookbook.
Make and share this Sausage Quiches recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 lb ground hot pork sausage
- 1⁄4 cup minced celery
- 3 tablespoons minced onions
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3⁄4 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄2 cup finely shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 3 (2 1/8 ounce) packages miniature phyllo cups
- chopped fresh chives
- Cook first 3 ingredients in a skillet over medium-high heat 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until sausage is finely crumbled and no longer pink.
- Combine sausage mixture, eggs, and next 6 ingredients in a medium bowl; stir well.
- Spoon mixture evenly into shells.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until set.
- Garnish, if desired; serve warm.
These were a big hit on Thanksgiving. An excellent combination of flavors, and the chives on top brought them all together. This appetizer recipe will be getting a lot of use from now on.