Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
No crust to roll out-just press potato mixture into bottom of pie plate. I use already prepared refrigerated shredded potatoes to make it easier. A really quick recipe and so delicious!
- 1⁄2 lb ground sausage, browned and drained
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 3 cups coarsely shredded raw potatoes
- 1 cup grated swiss cheese or 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- Combine cooking oil and shredded potatoes and press into a 9" pie pan.
- Bake potato crust at 425° for 15 to 20 minutes, until beginning to brown.
- Remove from oven.
- Layer sausage and cheese over potato crust.
- In a small bowl combine milk, eggs, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Pour over sausage and cheese.
- Sprinkle with parsley flakes.
- Return to oven and bake 30 minutes more.
- Cool 5 minutes before serving.
This was a delicious breakfast for us. I did add ham as I only had 1/4 lb. sausage, added red, yellow pepper and red onion. Used 2 % milk. Will be making this many time again.