Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a great hot appetizer recipe. I made this for a dinner party and everyone loved it. I have even made it using reduced fat ingredients and it is still very tasty. It is from Taste of Home magazine and is credited to Linda Wheeler.
- 453.59 g bulk pork sausage
- 113.39 g shredded cheddar cheese
- 113.39 g shredded monterey jack cheese
- 118.29 ml finely chopped onion
- 113.39 g canchopped green chilies
- 10 eggs
- 4.92 ml chili powder
- 4.92 ml ground cumin
- 4.92 ml salt
- 2.46 ml garlic powder
- 2.46 ml pepper
- In a large skillet, cook sausage until no longer pink; drain.
- Place in a greased 13x9-inch baking dish.
- Layer with cheeses, onion and chilies.
- In a bowl, beat eggs and seasonings; pour over cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375°F for 18-22 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes; cut into 1-inch squares.
This was good! The seasonings are just right. The family praised it and ate it up - I used a bit more cheese (I can't get enough cheese on anything) so that extended my cooking time about 5 minutes. I have picky onions eaters so next time I will probably mix the onions and green chilies in with the meat (vs. layering it), so the texture is more muted.
I made this for a potluck last year. It was very easy to prepare and cut into squares. Good flavor. Thanks for the recipe!
This is a great low-carb recipe. A wonderful change from the old bland eggs. My son ate half of it at one sitting and said that we should have this Sunday mornings instead of the regular scrambled eggs. Thanks for the recipe Chris!!