Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
I got this recipe from the Feb 06 issue of Parenting.
- cooking spray
- 2 (9 inch) refrigerated pie crusts (unbaked)
- 1 lb bulk sausage
- 1 dozen egg
- 8 ounces shredded monterey jack cheese or 8 ounces cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Coat muffin tins with cooking spray. Unroll pie crusts and cut out circles with 3-inch cookie cutter. Place each round in bottom of tin; push dough down and against sides and prick with a fork. Bake 10 minutes, until crusts are slightly golden.
- Meanwhile, cook sausage over medium heat, breaking apart meat until no longer pick, about 10 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk eggs slightly, then add cooked sausage and cheese and stir well.
- Scoop 1/4 cup egg mixture into each pie crust. Bake 25 minutes.