Recipe by Acountkel
I'm always looking for things to do with sausage. Found this in a Quick Cooking Magazine (Jan/Feb 2001)
- 1 lb fully cooked sausage, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 4 medium carrots, julienned
- 1 (5 1/4 ounce) package au gratin potato mix
- 2 2⁄3 cups water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen broccoli cuts, thawed and drained
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan or dutch oven, cook sausge and onion in oil until lightly browned.
- Stir in carrots, potatoes with contents of sauce mix, water and pepper.
- Bring to boil.
- Reduce Heat
- Cover and simmer for 10-20 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in broccoli.
- Cover and cook 5 minutes longer or until heated through.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover and let stand until cheese is melted.