Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
I've collected recipes a long time and didn't keep track of where they came from.
- 1⁄2 lb turkey kielbasa
- 6 medium potatoes
- 2 cups corn, frozen
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1 celery rib, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup carrot, sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups low-fat milk
- 2⁄3 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley, minced
- In large saucepan, brown sausage; drain and set aside.
- In the same pan combine potatoes, corn, celery, and seasonings. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
- Add milk, cheese, parsley and sausage.
- Cook and stir over low heat until cheese is melted and soup is heated through.
Comfort food soup! Very yummy. I did modify this recipe a little bit... I used smoked Ukrainian sausage instead of the turkey kielbasa and used fresh onion (about half a medium) and garlic (2 cloves) instead of powders. I also increased the amount of stock, I don't know that the potatoes would have cooked otherwise. Next time I make this, I am going to try reducing the amount of potato... perhaps only four and increasing the carrots to one or two whole carrots.